cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul1189
Regular Visitor

Use of a GUID

Hi All,

I have a power app built that uses 3 flows to complete the tasks.  The app is a competency sheet for an evaluator to fill in with student details. Then both sign the competency. The flows capture the signatures and save them a jpeg in a temp folder using the last submit ID from the app/ sharepoint list.

The main flow then looks for the 2 signature files and imports them to a word template. 

However due to a possible naming conflict from other apps writing to the same folder I'm trying to use a GUID as the file name. (to many apps to have all separate folders for each)

The app is writing the GUID to the list but when PowerAutomate saves the files its saving it as True.jpeg and not GUID#.jpeg

Therefore the main flow cant find the signatures as it is looking for the GUID.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Paul1189_0-1630420877728.pngPaul1189_1-1630420939113.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul1189
Regular Visitor

Hi All.

I managed to get the GUID to work as a unique id for use with file naming and powerautomate. 

I added it to my sharepoint list as a single line text. Then as a field in powerapps changing the default data for that filed to TEXT(GUID()) this then is added in as the last submit on the form. it returns it in text format rather than boolean. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Paul1189 

Take a look at one of your runs and take a look at varFileName - I suspect that the Output you reference is "true".

Assuming that is the case, your issue is in your Power App and not in Flow - Power Apps is not providing the file name.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes when the file is saved in the temp folder it gets saved as true.jpeg

Paul1189_0-1630421886609.png

However it is writing to the list as the GUID

Paul1189_1-1630421953551.png

So it appears to me that the power apps triggered app is saving the image as a boolean?

Paul1189
Regular Visitor

Hi All.

I managed to get the GUID to work as a unique id for use with file naming and powerautomate. 

I added it to my sharepoint list as a single line text. Then as a field in powerapps changing the default data for that filed to TEXT(GUID()) this then is added in as the last submit on the form. it returns it in text format rather than boolean. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,418)