Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Create Item but unable to get Flow to see my SharePoint List

Dear All

I'm fairly new to both Flow and SharePoint. Not exactly a newb, but I know enough to get insanely frustrated because I know something should work, but unable to problem solve the solution.

My Flow is a Leaver's checklist and works perfectly except for one action card: SharePoint Create Item.

The list to which I am trying to connect is a sub- sub-site. I can browse to the list without problems. I can create a list item from Flow in an identical list in a sister sub- sub-site. I can manually create an item in the target list. I have Full Control and Full Site Admin permissions for both sites. Can anyone explain why ../TechSvcs/TechComm is found in the Create Item Site Address field, but the ../TechSvcs/ITServices is not?

I have even gone so far as to delete the original ITServices sub-site and recreate it (and all its content 😕 ) but still no joy. Where am I going wrong? 

To give more scope on the scenario: The "FYI to IT Outlook" action is a simple e-mail from HR to IT giving a heads-up that a member of staff is leaving. The Flow then uses Create Item to create a SharePoint Task to diarise the leaving date - this works perfectly when using the ../../TechComm path. There is no relevant dependant action following on from the Create Task, and the task is resolved manually.

Thank you in advance! 

2018-11-13_14-53-25.png../../TechComm is a valid address...

2018-11-13_14-41-57.png

../../ITServices is not valid?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using Create Item but unable to get Flow to see my SharePoint List

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, it seems that you do have access to both the two sites.

I assume that it is the first time that site ../../ITServices is used in Flow. Please just try to click the Enter custom value, then enter the correct site address into the Site Address field.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

According to your description, it seems that you do have access to both the two sites.

I assume that it is the first time that site ../../ITServices is used in Flow. Please just try to click the Enter custom value, then enter the correct site address into the Site Address field.

Please take a try with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mabel

Thank you!

Strangely, I tried this several times yesterday and each time either the field blanked out when i tabbed off, or I got a bad gateway error when testing the flow. Today it has worked? Flow must have been having a bad day yesterday lol.

Kind regards

Ron

Albert
Level: Power Up

I can select all my new sub-sub- site via approval Flow

Hi,

although I can select all my sub-sub- websites ( both classic and modern), I can´t  connect a new sub-sub-website respectivly can´t select it (same permission that all other sites).

Where I´m going wrong?

Albert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can select all my new sub-sub- site via approval Flow

Hi Albert

Try (as the above procedure describes) using the path to your site initially as a custom value, save, close, and re-open your flow. this worked for me.  

I also find, particularly in a long flow, that flow can lose sight of the data. As a work around I drop a requery card into the flow to enable visibility of data.  Hope this helps. 

Ron 

Albert
Level: Power Up

Hi Ron,

now I can insert the path of my subsubsite but I never can select in the dropdown.

I can select a list but not a  list with contenttype event ( calender).

Did you make the same expirience?

Albert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Albert

Sorry. I've not used calendar events so can't advise specifically - however, I can say that Flow is insanely pickey about which card is used, and very little help is available. One thing I've got caught out is that even though all data in SharePoint is a list, not all lists are equal - so writing a flow for a Document Library list requires different cards than writing the exact same flow for a Custom List list. My only advice is to experiment with the cards to find one with the correct data type you are seeking? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,944)