cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarkData8
Level: Power Up

Using OAuth with password grant type

I have an API I am trying to build a connector for. The API uses OAuth, but requires the password grant type. I can’t see an option for this when setting up the security settings on the connector.

I can set up the connector as having no authentication and then create an action that calls the token endpoint and I successfully get the access token back, but I then can’t use that to set the Authorization header on subsequent actions (and my username and password would become part of the flow as well, which isn’t great)

Is there any other way of approaching this?
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using OAuth with password grant type

Hi @MarkData8 ,

From the doc on creating a custom connector, it seems that there is no option for requiring the password grant type:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/define-blank#specify-authentication-ty...

I will help do more research on this issue and then back to you.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JasonKing
Level: Powered On

Has there been an update to this issue. I am also working on building a Custom Connector for an API that requires the grant type to be set. It seems to be a common requirement on APIs.

Jermeel
Level: Power Up

Bump.  I am having the same issue.  I need to pass a "type" parameter to my authorization URL.  I cannot get past the authorization stage for my custom connector without this.  Cat Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,645)