cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using policy template to convert an array of strings to an array of JSON objects for dynamic values dropdown

I am building a custom connector, and have an API with an operation that returns a JSON object with a string array property named "values".  I'd like to use the strings returned in the array to populate an x-ms-dynamic-values dropdown, but Flow requires an array of JSON objects rather than an array of strings.

Can I use any of the (recently introduced) connector policy templates to transform the string array into an array of JSON objects in the Response, so that I use this endpoint in my connector's API as the source for a dynamic values dropdown?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/policy-templates  

For example, my API returns a JSON object like this:

{ 
  "count": 3, 
  "values": [ 
    "Red", 
    "Green", 
    "Blue" 
  ] 
} 

...and I'd like to apply a connector policy to the Response from my API to transform the JSON into something like this:  

{ 
  "count": 3, 
  "values": [ 
    {"color": "Red"}, 
    {"color": "Green"}, 
    {"color": "Blue"} 
  ] 
}

...so that I can define a dynamic values dropdown in my connector like this:    

"x-ms-dynamic-values": {
  "operationId": "ListColors", 
  "value-collection": "values",
  "value-path": "color", 
  "value-title": "color" 
} 

Is that possible?  I see the docs for the new Preview connector policy templates that convert arrays to objects, but don't see any good reference examples.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: Using policy template to convert an array of strings to an array of JSON objects for dynamic values dropdown

Highlighted

Re: Using policy template to convert an array of strings to an array of JSON objects for dynamic values dropdown

Thanks for the response, I but I think my scenario is different - I don't need a dynamic dropdown in an array, I need to use an array of strings as a dynamic dropdown (so I need to either update my API to emit an array of JSON objects, or if possible leverage a connector policy template to transform the response from my API from an array of strings to an array of JSON objects)

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,377)