cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkusLeukers

Using the PowerPlatform to build a Formular to start a "change process"

Hello together,

roundabout two years I'm using Flow, now called Power Automate, to simplify my daily work life. I used forms as an easy formular-builder to start flows and to trigger different actions in the MS365 universe.

At the moment i'm struggeling a bit in building a "Change process", so maybe you can help me.

I want to create an easy formular where a user can type in a Number, a longer Text and upload a file to this formular and then "send" the formular to start a flow/process.

I managed to use power automate to create a new folder in sharepoint with the "number" and move the attachments which were uploaded to the formular to the new folder, create a new task in MS Planner and create also a new OneNote page as a documentation for this.

It would perfectly work for me BUT the file-types you can upload to MS Forms are limited. For example, if i want to upload a STEP-File or other, special file types, it does not work.

So i think i have to use an other "User interface" then MS Forms. Any ideas how to solve that?

BR Markus

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@MarkusLeukers buddy check this out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QaiM8SeWfM

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

MarkusLeukers

Thank you very much. This video does not help me exactly, but it lead me to this video:

PowerApps Attachment Control - Upload All Files not Images Only to Azure Blob Storage - YouTube

In this video, cincinnaty shows how to add the "attachement" function to a powerApp.

Thanks once again 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@MarkusLeukers You can try Power Apps and then file upload attachment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Where do you find this function? Inside an empty "app" i can add Media, Text, Buttens etc. but no file upload option.

jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@MarkusLeukers buddy check this out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QaiM8SeWfM

Hope this helps.

MarkusLeukers

Thank you very much. This video does not help me exactly, but it lead me to this video:

PowerApps Attachment Control - Upload All Files not Images Only to Azure Blob Storage - YouTube

In this video, cincinnaty shows how to add the "attachement" function to a powerApp.

Thanks once again 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (64,157)