cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

UtcNow and SharePoint Online List's Date Column

Hi,

I am using flow in Australia.

I have a SharePoint Online List that has an Expiry Date. I have configured Flow to send emails to responsible officers every morning using a condition: If the expiry date is today.

I have used the following syntax,

@equals(item()?['Item_x0020_Expires_x0020_On'],utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')).

It appears to be working but the officers are receiving the email a day before the expiry date. If the expiry date is 13th, the emails are getting sent out on the 12th itself.. Iis this due to the utcnow() ? 

Please not that our tenant was hosted in South East Australia and regioinal settings in sharepoint were set to Melbourne, Australia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Ravi

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: UtcNow and SharePoint Online List's Date Column

Hi,

Can try converting the UTC to localtime using TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.ToLocalTime(utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')). I haven't tested this so not sure this is going to work or not?

Reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.timezone.tolocaltime(v=vs.110).aspx

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (7,409)