cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Figaro1979
Level: Power Up

What is the difference between SFTP and SFTP-SSH

I am trying to save attachment from a shared mailbox to a SFTP server. I found that I can only use SFTP-SSH, instead of SFTP. And it prompts error “Test Connection failed". In fact, if I use default template - "Create files in SFTP for all the attachments when a new email arrives", it uses SFTP, and the connection works well. Is there anybody can help me?

6 REPLIES 6
Power Automate Staff JatinSanghvi
Power Automate Staff

Re: What is the difference between SFTP and SFTP-SSH

@Figaro1979, do you mean to say that the SFTP connection that is used within the Flow created from template works correctly, but a different Flow fails? It can be a problem with the inputs when the connection is created. Anyhow, the SFTP connector is deprecated and replaced with SFTP - SSH connector so I would suggest to use the latter one. I am not aware of the difference between the two connectors, but will update here if I get to know. Regarding the templates, they should in fact be all updated to have 'SFTP - SSH' connector actions. I will check if this is in plan.

Highlighted
Power Automate Staff JatinSanghvi
Power Automate Staff

Update: I have requested the team to update all of the Flow templates to contain new 'SFTP - SSH' connector operations. I expect the templates to be updated within a month.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Figaro1979 ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Figaro1979
Level: Power Up

Hi, Jatin. Thank you for your reply! May I know whether the SFTP-SSH connector support  Shared Mailbox? Weeks ago, I tried to connect personal mailbox, successful. But failed when connect to shared mailbox.

Ben_Z
Level: Powered On

Is there an update to what the difference is?  My connection also works fine in the SFTP connector, but fails with the "Test Connection failed" message in the "SFTP - SSH" Connector

Ben_Z
Level: Powered On

To give some additional information, when running the same "SFTP - SSH" connector in PowerApps, it fails with the message "Server response does not contain SSH protocol identification"

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Coming Soon: T-shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,390)