cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adomo
Frequent Visitor

When a sharepoint list is modified (completed) update an excel file

Hi All,

Hoping someone could help. I have a list on our sharepoint we use for "reporting findings" there are a number of columns we as a team update throughout the project. Once we are finished, and change the "status" to closed, can this trigger a flow to update a line in excel?

we use mail merge to send our clients information so updating a row in an excel works perfectly.

I see you can export a list from sharepoint, I'm just looking to automate the process.

I see a lot of excel updating a list, which i understand but i cant seem to find a list that updates an excel.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Adomo_0-1612450656822.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi Adomo,

You can use the 'When an item is created or modified' trigger in powerautomate and then from the elipses (three ...) select settings and apply a trigger condition.  This will ensure that your Flow/Automate will only run when these conditions are met.  In your example try @equals(triggerBody()?['Status'],"Closed").  

PowerBirdSys_0-1612698816628.png

View solution in original post

Hi,

That worked! i think i was trying to over complicate things.

thank you so much for your help.

Adomo

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi Adomo,

You can use the 'When an item is created or modified' trigger in powerautomate and then from the elipses (three ...) select settings and apply a trigger condition.  This will ensure that your Flow/Automate will only run when these conditions are met.  In your example try @equals(triggerBody()?['Status'],"Closed").  

PowerBirdSys_0-1612698816628.png

Hi,

That worked! i think i was trying to over complicate things.

thank you so much for your help.

Adomo

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,495)