cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HaridzAlias

Wrong time capture in excel

Hi, 

I am trying to capture the submission date and time of a form in excel. Sharepoint List would be a wiser solution however, the data needs to be replaced weekly from an Excel file. Copy and pasting the data is faster and easier for users to understand. 

The problem right now is, in order to capture the submission date, I used this formula:

SubmitForm(EditForm1);Patch(Table1_2,EditForm1.LastSubmit,{'Date of Visit':Now(),'Time of Visit':Now()});

In Powerapps, it works as expected. However, in Excel the format will change to dd/mm/yy hh:mm eventhough it was formatted as dd/mm/yy for the Date of visit column and hh:mm for Time of visit column. On top of that, the time recorded in Excel is 8 hours behind. E.g, Powerapps captured 4:30PM, Excel will display 23/09/21 8:30PM.

Is it something to do with my Excel formatting or Powerapps formula? I have double checked timezones for the Excel and Powerapps, it is the same across both. What am I missing?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,394)