cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediatn
Level: Powered On

cannot make subfolder in file-system (on-premise)

Hi all,

To get to know the file-system connector of microsoft flow, I have created a simple flow. I have the on premise gateway setup correctly working on my local system. 

The flow is working perfect, files are stored on my local file-system. 

Except it throws an error when I want to create a subfolder. 

The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path "\\\\share\\Dexxx\\xcache\\testweb/testfile.txt' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: 86fc2ab1-5ab1-458a-9494-6847ec343864"

I have tried to get it to work with network shares, but also with the local disk C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\test
The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path "C:\\Users\\xxx\\Desktop\\test/testfile.txt' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: f1ca1f45-0ea6-4552-9317-13d7b6e11803"

In both experiments the last folder is a folder that needs to be created. 
When I try to store textfile.txt in an existing folder it is working. 

I have another flow working that uses Onedrive for Business. When I add a folder to the path and this folder doesn't exist, the flow will create this folder. 

Is it possible to have the connector file-system create subfolders and if this connector doesn't support this is there a workaround?
6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: cannot make subfolder in file-system (on-premise)

Hi @mediatn,

The file system connector support to adds a doesn't exist folder to the path, you can test like this:Annotation 2019-08-19 153244.png

Annotation 2019-08-19 153601.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
mediatn

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

I thought it was a good shot and tried it a minute ago. 

C:\Users\userx\Desktop -> working
C:\Users\userx\Desktop\Subfolder -> not working

The error I am getting is:

"The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path 'C:\\Users\\userx\\Desktop\\Subfolder/testfile.txt' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: 75398459-0d05-489b-9155-bbfc50a387de"

Do you have any clue?
Super User
Super User

Hi @mediatn 

Try connecting the filesystem connector username with your domainname\username. 

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

mediatn

Hi @abm & @v-litu-msft ,

I have logged in with domain\username

I already found out if I don't log in with domain\username (so including domain\ ) I wasn't able to browse the folders using the picker in create file -> (field) Folder path.
The login should be as needs to be. 

Let me show a screenshot:
flow.png

I "found" the path using the picker in the field 'Folder path' and added '\Subfolder'

When executing this flow. It gives an error on Create File (connector file-system)

flow2.png

And a screenshot of the error:

"The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path 'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Userxxx\\Desktop\\Subfolder/testfile.txt' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: cb13f92f-fb82-4100-a913-4132579ca631"
flow3.png

I hope this does ring a bell to somebody. I don't know where to look. 
I have added a slash at the back of the path, to try -> not working. I even changed the slashes to forward slashes ( I thought, you'll never know) -> not working. 

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mediatn,

The error message shows that the path doesn't exist in your file system, so you may need to create a new File system connection that root path contains your target file path, for example:Annotation 2019-08-20 093341.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mediatn,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 382 members 5,031 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: