cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samyaney
Level: Powered On

could not retrieve values. BadGateway

I am new to MS Flow and trying to connect to an Excel File on SPO but Flow is unable to detect the tables within the excel file. I looked for similar issues and am certain that the excel file is formated with tables. When I open the "List rows present in a table" action I am able to select my sharepoint site, document library, and file, but when I am asked to select a table from the dropdown it says "could not retrieve values. BadGateway". I have tried deleting the flow and recreating it. I have tried deleting my connections to sharepoint and excel (business) and recreating them. I have tried deleting cached info and cookies from my browser and recreating the flow. None of these things have worked. I would greatly appreciate any advice on this matter. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: could not retrieve values. BadGateway

Hi @samyaney ,

Maybe you could try to recreate a new Excel file, create a new Excel table in Excel file and do similar tests.

Since you can successfully select Excel file, please consider focusing on the creation of an Excel table.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
zoidberg
Level: Powered On

I just ran into this same issue while trying to make a Forms/Flow tool for the very first time. On a xlsx file on onedrive that worked fine a few minutes ago. After some editing (in other tabs, not the one which has the table), adding some text boxes, some smartart etc. It started showing this message. No amount of fixing helped. Finally I created a new file with no other tabs, pasted just the table and it works. Clearly it is a problem with the ability of Flow to read the Excel file.

Please fix this bug, its not a good look when new users run into such issues and all they get is meaningless and cryptic error messages.

Brice235i
Level 8

I also have this issue...  nothing seems to fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,810)