cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

dropdown with boolean value

Try To Save Data (True or False) From DropDown To Add Row In Sql Server Database.

And Getting The Following Error

1.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share more details about your SQL table?

Which data type is the IsApproved column in your SQL table?

The error message told that the value that you provided for the IsApproved column is invalid. The required data type of the IsApproved column is Boolean type, but you provide a Text type (String type).

I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

The OnSelect property of Button control set to following formula:

Collect('[dbo].[Vendors]',{Vendor_Id:TextInput1.Text,StoreName:TextInput2.Text,Mobile:TextInput3.Text,StoreAddress:TextInput4.Text,IsApproved:If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="True",true,false)})

Note: The IsApproved column is a bit type column in my SQL Table. In addition, the Items property of the Drop down control (related to IsApproved column) set to following formula:

Dropdown1.Items=["True","False"]

The PowerApps app works well as below:6.JPG

On your side, please take a try with the following formula:

Button.OnSelect=Collect('[dbo].[Vendors]',{ID:Value(id.text),StoreName:storename.text,...IsApproved:If(approved.Selected.Value="true",true,false),IsAvailable:...})

Note: Same formula for IsApproved column is also adapted for Is Available column and IsVerified column.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks alot i did it.

but i have another problem:

why collect function  do not work here

but patch function work

so i should have row in database and edit it and can not add new row with collect !!!

Understand me

Patch('[dbo].[Vendors]',{ID:Value(id.Text),StoreName:storename.Text,Mobile:mobile.Text,IsVerified:If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value="true",true,false)})

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,638)