cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

error connecting to skype

I get the following error connection to skype for business. Does someone know what is wrong?

Server Error in '/' Application.

The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The length of the query string for this request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value.]
   System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateInputIfRequiredByConfig() +11990423
   System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ValidateHelper(HttpContext context) +54

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.2623.0

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: error connecting to skype

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

The error message told that the length of your query string for the request exceeds the configured maxQueryStringLength value. When an unauthorized request comes in, the entire request is URL encoded, and added as a query string to the request to the authorization form.

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:4.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:5.JPG

Please check if the connection to the Skype for Business connector is invalid or not authorized on your side, if yes, please update the connection to the Skype for Business connector within your flow.

More details about updating connection within Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

Update connection in Microsoft Flow

In addition, take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-create a new connection to the Skype for Business connector within your flow, then try your flow again to check if the issue is solved.

Please check and see if the following article would help in your scenario:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8159321/request-exceeds-the-configured-maxquerystringlength-when-using-authorize

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: error connecting to skype

Hi everyone,

I noticed that when creating flows with a user using a commercial license (flow plan 1), we can achieve a connection with Skype. Using a "normal" 0365 account, we get the error mentioned above. This might explain the issue. 

We can proceed because we bought some licenses, but this should not be the behaviour in my opinion.

Regards, Steven

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,479)