cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdR
Level: Powered On

excel getrows on created

I'm having a problem with GetRows from Excel with Flow not liking my Table name on a created file in OneDrive.

Using the same file when modified - so hardcoded and Table name picked from drop down works fine::

When created

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkPnQ5ezT9ZEp6ZuL0EL_ZjSKzsT7g

{ "status": 400, "message": "Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : ObjectHandle is Invalid", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

On modified

Modified

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkPnQ5ezT9ZEp6ZtOZkIET_AGoL-YA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Flow Staff chandbhu
Flow Staff

Re: excel getrows on created

Hi Ed,

Please try passing "File identifier" instead of File name from dynamic content

OneDrive_GetRows.png

Thanks

Chandra

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi EdR,

Did you mean that when the field is filled with "OneDrive-File Name", flow runs successfully, but when fileld is "/Orders/S1b.xlsx", then it will fail?

If this is the situation, I created a table with the same name in my OneDrive, both flows run successfully. I'm unable to reproduce your issue.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
EdR

the other way around Mona - with a hardcoded filename it works. When I use the filename from the input - as would be the reality as the filename can;t be predicted - but testing with dropping in the very same file - it fails with this error.

Ed

EdR

Outputs
  • Headers
    { "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "e02d7ee3-3425-4b71-a765-4b6a237bfd10", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Wed, 25 Jan 2017 05:34:18 GMT", "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=7ab1fec59f611f278bc539caf223232cbf4a073f87e005294db91b5921ad6504;Path=/;Domain=127.0.0.1", "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319", "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET", "Content-Length": "148", "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8", "Expires": "-1" }

Body

{ "status": 400, "message": "Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : ObjectHandle is Invalid", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

Happens on both Create or modified when the filename is 'dynamic' but using the VERY SAME file and specifying the name hardcoded - it works
Flow Staff chandbhu
Flow Staff

Hi Ed,

Please try passing "File identifier" instead of File name from dynamic content

OneDrive_GetRows.png

Thanks

Chandra

View solution in original post

EdR

Thank you Chandra that works for me. Could you explain why?

Regards,

Ed

Flow Staff chandbhu
Flow Staff

This has to do with internal Id used by the connector to look up the file in OneDrive.
When you select a file using connector wizard it has a mapping of the internal Id for the selected file. Passing FileName from dynamic content fails because it has no mapping of the internal Id for the file.

Thanks

Chandra

ffox

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. I've switched to selecting 'file identifier' from the dynamic content, but the error remains.

The only difference with my set up is that the Excel SS is in a SharePoint Library, is this likely to cause the error?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I have the same challenge.

I work with a combination of an excel file as the "database" ("DB" - file stays the same file under normal conditions, unless there is a OneDrive Sync issue) and 2 input files ("01", '02"), which are named differently by a macro each time with a different file name.

Result is either:

when using fixed file and table references, I struggle with bad request as decribed above 

or

when I use dynamic file and table references or Struggling_with_column_Ref_12-3-2017 10-17-26 PM.jpgI can retrieve the table columns for further actions, yet get failure when the file changesStruggling_with_column_Ref_12-3-2017 10-19-16 PM.jpgI get no columns, when using variablesvariables, I struggle with  

- empty input array 

or

- issues with column references when transfering data from input file (01,02) to the data base file (DB).

pcooperKAC

@ErichH  Hello - did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I am facing a similar challenge with the 'Insert Row' action. 

Super User
Super User

In the end I moved my dB file to a SharePoint list. 

That works just fine. 

So solved the issue by moving away from excel approach.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 422 members 4,450 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: