cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

gateway record not found something went wrong

I setup a gateway and connected to it a couple days ago successfully in PowerApps, but this app does not seem to have been saved

Since then I have created a new app but am seeing the following error when trying to list the items from a table in the database:

"The specified records was not found. Server response [dbo][tableName] failed: something went wrong"

PowerApps can see the Connection, and can see all the tables in the connection, but it just can't seem to find any records in any of the tables.

I have tried a number of other tables in the database

I have tried recreating the App

I have tried recreating the Gateway and connection

I am able to see records if I setup a PowerApp Entity to the same gateway configuration

The same connection created for PowerApps above, works perfectly fine in Power Automate in a small test I created

I have seen PowerApps may not like a key made of multiple columns, but I believe this table's key is single int column

Running out of things to try, if anyone has any ideas

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue.  Can "see" and connect to tables on SQL but as soon as you bind a canvas control to it you immediately get "The specified record was not found. Server response [dbo][tableName] failed: something went wrong"

Authoring Version: 3.20084.9

On-Prem Gateway to SQL Server (2012)

I think this may be an issue with this authoring version (3.20084.9) and SQL Server 2012 (and perhaps earlier?) as when I try exactly the same app but to a different, SQL Server 2014 server, everything works fine.  

Also, the downgrade to a previous authoring version works - though you can only seem to do that if you had the app for awhile - for the new app I just created today you don't get a choice to revert to a previous version.

I have raised a ticket with Microsoft but I only have the 8 hour email response service so if anyone hears before that please share !

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all,

I have been experimenting and I believe I have found the issue (with 3.20084.9).

I think it is the Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector” which is now a default "preview" function in settings.

If you turn this OFF, my app starts working again - no more errors.

Of course, turning it off is not that simple as in order to toggle this off (or on) PowerApp makes you first REMOVE any SQL Server data sources that you have - my production app has 62 SQL Datasources so this is a major headache for me......but it works....

Looks like an issue with this preview feature and authoring version 3.20084.9

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Did you encounter this problem when you created the canvas app or when you configured Flow?

If it is the former, it seems that you should submit this issue on the PowerApps forum.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact issue. I can retrieve the data in Flow but not in PowerApps. Can someone guide.

Highlighted

The error first appeared when accessing from PowerApps

Even while PowerApps shows this issue/error, Flow (aka Power Automate) continues to function correctly when retrieving records

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue.  Can "see" and connect to tables on SQL but as soon as you bind a canvas control to it you immediately get "The specified record was not found. Server response [dbo][tableName] failed: something went wrong"

Authoring Version: 3.20084.9

On-Prem Gateway to SQL Server (2012)

I think this may be an issue with this authoring version (3.20084.9) and SQL Server 2012 (and perhaps earlier?) as when I try exactly the same app but to a different, SQL Server 2014 server, everything works fine.  

Also, the downgrade to a previous authoring version works - though you can only seem to do that if you had the app for awhile - for the new app I just created today you don't get a choice to revert to a previous version.

I have raised a ticket with Microsoft but I only have the 8 hour email response service so if anyone hears before that please share !

Highlighted

Hi @JeffSmith ,

I have Microsoft 365 E3 License. and I can use the SQL Premium connector in the Flow and also access the data. But in Power apps I am having this error, same situation where I can see the tables but not access the data.

Can you please share the solution, also is it anything to do with the license I have?

Highlighted

I don't believe this is a licence issue - I think (IMHO) it is (one of several) bugs with the latest 3.20084.9 release!  Hopefully MS will address ASAP!

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi all,

I have been experimenting and I believe I have found the issue (with 3.20084.9).

I think it is the Enable enhanced Microsoft SQL Server connector” which is now a default "preview" function in settings.

If you turn this OFF, my app starts working again - no more errors.

Of course, turning it off is not that simple as in order to toggle this off (or on) PowerApp makes you first REMOVE any SQL Server data sources that you have - my production app has 62 SQL Datasources so this is a major headache for me......but it works....

Looks like an issue with this preview feature and authoring version 3.20084.9

Highlighted

@JeffSmith ,

Thank you !! This resolved the issue for me as well!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@JeffSmith   

You are my hero! I have had the most panicked day and eventually came across your post. I did the same and my issue is resolved too!!  THANK-YOU

Highlighted

Thanks @JeffSmith your suggestion was bang on!

Disabling this feature and re-adding the SQL tables worked a charm (I did not have to recreate the connections)

Thanks again

Highlighted

Disabling the Enhanced SQL option fixed this error for me. Had to remove existing connections before disabling, so lucky enough it was only a test app.

Highlighted

In order for it to toggle it off, we have to remove every SQL Server connector in every app?!?

I have a few broken apps right now with that error message.

Anyone knows if Microsoft intend to fix this asap?

Regards,

Highlighted

When you try to disable the feature, you will get an pop-up that you're not able to disable it before you've removed the connected SQL tables.
Good luck!

Highlighted

It was suggested above that this may be related to gateways connecting to SQL server 2012.

Unless someone can confirm it is happening with newer versions the "fix" could be to upgrade the SQL servers to 2014 or later?

Highlighted

It is not related to an older version of SQL Server, we are using SQL Server 2016, on a gateway. Probably this latter element the culprit, MS wants to push more setup in azure.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Highlighted

Yeah, and as I found out last night, it is not only the direct SQL Server connector in an app, also if you a flow pushing information to the app that has to be removed.

Highlighted

@LeonM wrote:

When you try to disable the feature, you will get an pop-up that you're not able to disable it before you've removed the connected SQL tables.
Good luck!

Yeah, and as I found out last night, it is not only the direct SQL Servber connector in an app, also if you a flow pushing information to the app that has to be removed.

Highlighted

@JeffSmith 

You absolute blinder/hero/gem/star/legend!

I've been battling with this since Monday and that's EXACTLY what it was.

Oh my days. I need a drink.

Thank you!!!!!!

Highlighted

This solution worked. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,381)