cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

multiple flow runs on one file

Anyone know why I am getting multiple flow runs on one file submission to Outlook?  Thanks!

Snag_d39f0c.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: multiple flow runs on one file

Hi @jcsap01 ,

Ok, I have understood your meaning. So, have you checked the flow run history? Are there any records?

Besides, I noticed that you have set the Has Attachments to Yes, the Flow will only be triggered when the messages contain attachments.

You could check these emails to see if they all contain attachments.

And you could Configure Mark as to Yes/No or Read/Unread like you configure Open Ticket Search instead filling Is Read in this field.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcsap01 ,

Could you please provide a screenshot of the Flow configuration so that we could do further analysis for this issue?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Snag_36bf740.png

It actually looks like it may have stopped - but I never would turn down someone reviewing my flows since I am brand new to this.

Also, not sure if you can help me.  I'm trying to include in the flow to have the email marked as "read" after it arrives n the designated folder.  If I try to do this in Outlook, it becomes what they call a "client rule" and only runs on my machine while I am logged into Outlook.  That does not work for weekends for me.  Thanks!

Jim

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcsap01 ,

If you have created a rule in outlook to move emails automatically to Open Ticket Search folder, the situation you mentioned will appear.

Because of new email trigger monitors changes in the specified folder, if a new email moved to this folder, the flow will be triggered.

You could add filters to avoid the flow being triggered. For example, you could configure Importance to High. Then, only the message with high importance moved to Open Ticket Search folder, the flow will trigger.

160.PNG

Please refer to the online doc and get more details about Office 365 outlook connector:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/connectors/office365/

Besides, you could check each flow run history and see if each step of the flow runs as expected.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Somehow this fixed itself so that's a good thing

Now I am trying to configure my flows to add a "mark as read" piece so when they get moved n Outlook to the right folder, they are also moved as an email that was "read" - I thought I had it down but now it's not working.  Ideas?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcsap01 ,

What is your configuration and flow run result?

Please provide more details so that we could understand your needs better.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you for writing back.  So I have 4 flows and then an Outlook rule that put the emails into a particular - based on the Subject line - it's always the same.  It looks like I have 3 that may be working although apparently it takes a while for them to go into the "read" state.  I have one that isn't working.  The "WR" flow and folder in Outlook - screen shots attached.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Snag_dc84696.pngSnag_dc87130.pngSnag_dc89d41.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcsap01 ,

Is there a delay in the triggering of Flow?

Please check the run history of the corresponding Flow and check if there are any running records.

If it is a similar logic, then this Flow should work normally.

In addition, I think that setting rules directly in Outlook may be a better method.

Best Regards,

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

The issue with setting the "mark as read" rule in Outlook is that is becomes what they call a "client rule" meaning you literally have to have your machine running if you want the "mark as read" part of rule to happen.  That's why I brought it into Flows instead.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jcsap01 ,

Ok, I have understood your meaning. So, have you checked the flow run history? Are there any records?

Besides, I noticed that you have set the Has Attachments to Yes, the Flow will only be triggered when the messages contain attachments.

You could check these emails to see if they all contain attachments.

And you could Configure Mark as to Yes/No or Read/Unread like you configure Open Ticket Search instead filling Is Read in this field.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,973)