cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veevg
Level: Powered On

"2,000 runs per month Unlimited Flow creation 5-min checks " - doesn't make sense?

I have created a flow to update a graph in Power BI

apparently according to flow i get

'2,000 runs per month

Unlimited Flow creation
5-min checks
Connect to embedded Office 365 or Dynamics services'

Now, if i only create this 3 hours ago and it supposedly it updates every five minutes, which means it should have only run around 36 x,, when i look at how much my flow ran it only ran 376 x, but apparently i am running out of 'flows' according to my warning message
flow.PNG

something isn't adding up here... or I lack understanding on how this works?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "2,000 runs per month Unlimited Flow creation 5-min checks " - doesn't make sense?

Hi @Veevg,

If you are using Microsoft Flow within Office 365, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Flow Plan 1 and Plan 2, the runs are pooled across all users in the company, which is not count per user.

You (or your company ) may need to buy more flow runs in increments of 50,000 flow runs per month.

This is documented here:

Microsoft Flow plans

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Veevg

Re: "2,000 runs per month Unlimited Flow creation 5-min checks " - doesn't make sense?

while that may be true it still doens't explain how hundreds of flows got execute in just a few hours? it says my particular flow ran 347 x when i ran it maximum around 5 hours and its says it runs every 5 minutes?  My calculations make that 60 flows?

It also means that its not a very sensible solution if you streaming data from twitter as you would literally need tens of thousands of flows for each month and thats only one application

Super User
Super User

it is probably maximum every 5 minutes.

Veevg

sure but i think thats still problematic because even the premium flow isn't unlimited?  Somethings not adding up here

Super User
Super User

...and indeed, offically the pricing plan indicates that it is maxmimun 5 minutes -> probably more frequent.

You are right we need a better view on the flow consumption/quota; this is urgent.

Highlighted
eccountable

Given that Flow is built on the Azure Logic App, it could be that what they call a "Run" in Flow is really an "Action" in Logic Apps, and each action is the billable unit. https://peter.intheazuresky.com/2017/02/24/be-careful-of-the-logic-app-consumption-prizing-model/

So if your Flow has 10 things that it does (Actions), then each time it is triggered and does something, you are getting charged for 10 Runs.

GrischkePro

@Veevg wrote:

sure but i think thats still problematic because even the premium flow isn't unlimited?  Somethings not adding up here

Did you ever figure out how this works? My plan allegedly allows me to run Flows every 5 minutes (2000 per month), but I can run as many Flows as I want within 5 minutes. 

>