Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric6
Helper II
Helper II

"EXCEL - Get a row" action: Issue with number formatted as currency

Hi,

In a flow I am using the "Get a row" action on a table in an EXCEL Online file. This works well for all columns except for one column that is a numerical field formatted as "Currency" (with a dollar sign and 2 decimals, negatives in brackets and red).

This field is interpreted as a date string in the Output of "Get a row".

The field is imported like this:

"Amount in $":"2029-04-02T03:52:18.286Z"

In the file it is displayed like this: "'$47,872.25", while it is really only the value 47,872.25 when looking at the cell content.

How can I ensure that this field gets interpreted as a number rather than a date? I'm thinking about formatting it as a number, not a currency, but I'm not the main owner and it may help the owner to see the "$" sign in this column and the naked number only in the local currency column. So ideally I would leave the formatting as it is.

Best regards,

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eric6,

I tried to repeat your issue on my side and I found if set the column to currency format, then use Get a row action to extract content of the Excel row, the sign "$" could display in the Excel table, and flow wouldn't recognize the "$47,872.25" to date, please refer to the following screenshot:Screenshot 2021-01-21 111223.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-21 111502.jpg

You could have a try, if your problem still exists, please attach your Flow screenshot: 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Eric6,

I tried to repeat your issue on my side and I found if set the column to currency format, then use Get a row action to extract content of the Excel row, the sign "$" could display in the Excel table, and flow wouldn't recognize the "$47,872.25" to date, please refer to the following screenshot:Screenshot 2021-01-21 111223.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-21 111502.jpg

You could have a try, if your problem still exists, please attach your Flow screenshot: 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (54,434)