cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

"Need admin approval" issue when creating a custom connector

Hello All

I am very new to Flow and have started learning it just recently.

I am creating a Custom connector that will call out the Power BI APIs and export the report to PDF.

For that I created an app in Azure and I am using the client ID and secret for that app when creating custom connector in Flow.

In the steps General & Security, I have put all details. And in Definition step, I have put a POST request details.

However, when creating a new connection in "Test" step, once I select my User ID, it gives me below error -

Flow_Issue.PNG

As per error, it seems admin needs to grant me some permissions. But I am unsure on what permissions are needed.

Please guide.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: "Need admin approval" issue when creating a custom connector

@now_in_the_flow This issue can be resolved by logging your O365 Tenant Admin and create the same action (or connector) by this admin user and there will be an option for this admin user to tick as “Consenting on behalf of your organization”.

For more details you can refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/application-consent-experience

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @now_in_the_flow,

According to the Message, it seems like need permission to access the resource, it should be read and write all Reports and all Dataset permission:

Required scope: (all of the below)

• Report.ReadWrite.All or Report.Read.All
  • Dataset.ReadWrite.All or Dataset.Read.All

Export to file API

Read and write all Reports The app can view and write to all the reports for the signed in user and any reports that the user has access to. This does not provide rights to create a new report. Report.ReadWrite.All

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/power-bi-permissions#permission-scopes

If you have more question, you could try asking the Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@now_in_the_flow This issue can be resolved by logging your O365 Tenant Admin and create the same action (or connector) by this admin user and there will be an option for this admin user to tick as “Consenting on behalf of your organization”.

For more details you can refer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/application-consent-experience

Best Regards,

Jessie Chen

Support Engineer

Asia Dynamics 365 Support

Customer Services and Support

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (8,488)