cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomCastiglia
Advocate II
Advocate II

"SharePoint - Get Entity Values" action

Can anyone advise on what the "SharePoint - Get Entity Values" action does and how to use it?  The tooltip says, "This operation gets possible values for a SharePoint entity",  but I'm not sure what it means by an "entity".  This action requires three parameters:

• SharePoint site URL
  • Table_Name
  • Entity_Id

What sort of values should one use for the last two params?

What will this action return?

-Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tom,

The SharePoint site entity represents a location record in Microsoft Dynamics 365 that points to a site collection or a site on a server that is running SharePoint Server. The schema name for this entity is SharePointSite. For more information, refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334637.aspx

So my understanding is that this action will get values only when you have integrated Microsoft Dynamics 365 with SharePoint.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Tom,

The SharePoint site entity represents a location record in Microsoft Dynamics 365 that points to a site collection or a site on a server that is running SharePoint Server. The schema name for this entity is SharePointSite. For more information, refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg334637.aspx

So my understanding is that this action will get values only when you have integrated Microsoft Dynamics 365 with SharePoint.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks Mona - That would explain why I had no idea what this was refering to.  It would be helpful if Microsoft could update the description text for this action to include the info that you posted here.

Regards,

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,347)