cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

using multiple cds in one flow

Hello, 

I'm trying to see if I can tell my current flow to not only send an approval email when a record is created, but if it will also include a quantity in stock within that message sent to the appropriate people. 

However, my inventory where the quantity in stock is located, is in an entirely different entity from where the record creation is stored. I have:

1) an entity that keeps track of inventory (item name, qty, etc.)

2) another entity that keeps all of the records for requests when the form is submitted (created the record that goes through the approval process). 

I want the email within the flow I created to also show how much quantity is in stock, however this piece of data is not stored in the record entity, but rather the inventory entity. 

Is it possible that this is unavailble within flow and powerapps at this time?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: using multiple cds in one flow

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have two CDS entities, one for inventory, and one for all records. Have you created a lookup relationship from the entity All records to Inventory?

You could try the following flow configuration:

The flow could be triggered by when a record is created in the All records entity, then List records from the Inventory list. I assume that there should be the common Name column for the two entities. Please use a Condition to check it they have the same name.

If yes, send the approval email with the number of the stock.

Please take a try with it on your side and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: using multiple cds in one flow

Hello @v-yamao-msft

Thank you for the reply! I do have 2 CDS entities; one entity is for the inventory (so my inventory CDS), that states the item's name, part number, etc. including the quantity we have in stock, and it has data attached to it that I update frequently within the app to keep inventory up to date. 

The second entity has the same categories, but the data is made through a form that an employee submits to request a certain number of item(s) that they need to complete a job (the record CDS). I have these records separate from the inventory as it I want the records to be created for later use and to keep it from adding new records to my inventory CDS.

I have a flow set up currently that pulls from the record CDS when a record is created to start an approval, which emails the approver information about an item and the details I have placed in the email, and it has proven successful. 

However, I would like to add the information of how much quantity is in stock to the approval email as well. The problem I'm running into, is that my current quantity in stock that is updated is pointed at the Inventory CDS, while the approval email is tied to the record CDS. I have created a look up relationship already (N:1) to try and show the quantity in stock from the inventory CDS on the email, but I cannot seem to get it to show up properly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,709)