cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnthonyDo
Helper III
Helper III

Azure sql Tables not loading into Dataverse with Virtual Connector Provider Connector

Hi there,

As i did not find where to submit a ticker for this problem i am trying to post it here.

We are trying to connect our Azure database to Dataverse (It is a simple database with dummy data). This with the preview connector “Virtual connector provider”. However, we are only able to load 2 of the 4 tables into Dataverse. We think it might be something with relations? I added some pictures to make it more understandable.

Our Database “virtualdatabase”

AnthonyDo_0-1629698917143.png

The 2 tables we are not able to load:

Orders:

AnthonyDo_1-1629698917150.png

OrderDetails:

AnthonyDo_2-1629698917154.png

Our database diagram:

AnthonyDo_3-1629698917162.png

The 2 tables that did load into Dataverse with all the data in it:

AnthonyDo_4-1629698917165.png

When i do a Advanced find on the connection I’m able to find all the tables:

AnthonyDo_5-1629698917181.png

When I try to add the Orderdetails or Order table I don’t get an option for Primary field of the Virtual Entity:

AnthonyDo_6-1629698917188.png

What could be the problem? Is it because Orderdetails and Orders have a more complex relationship to the other tables and that is not supported yet?

Thank you in advance for helping me out.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi - it appears that the 2 tables you are trying to create as virtual tables in Dataverse do no have a "string" type column.

To create a table in Dataverse, you need a primary key and a primary field column. The virtual connector provider will ask you to select a primary key field at the time you are creating the table by automatically showing you a list of columns from your source table that are of type "string". If you dont see any values in the drop down, then the virtual table will not be created.

We are working on removing this dependency in the coming quarter. If you have any further questions about virtual table please email them to dvvt@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

This is not a power platform connectors issue. Can someone from Dynamics 365 respond to this?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I requested a SME to answer this question.

@Syndicate_Admin ,

Thank you so much. I had no clue where to go with this.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Deer @Syndicate_Admin ,

Any update on this yet?

Best Regards,

Anthony

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I reached out to the group again for a response.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi - it appears that the 2 tables you are trying to create as virtual tables in Dataverse do no have a "string" type column.

To create a table in Dataverse, you need a primary key and a primary field column. The virtual connector provider will ask you to select a primary key field at the time you are creating the table by automatically showing you a list of columns from your source table that are of type "string". If you dont see any values in the drop down, then the virtual table will not be created.

We are working on removing this dependency in the coming quarter. If you have any further questions about virtual table please email them to dvvt@microsoft.com

Deer @Syndicate_Admin 

Thank you very much for the information and support!

Best Regards,

Anthony

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,096)