cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngromann
Regular Visitor

Code function for requests > 5 seconds

I am trying to take adventage of the code functionality to change the request URL of an action. However the documentation says that "Your script must finish execution within 5 seconds" 

Does this time include the duration of the actual request? And would that mean, I can't use scripts, if my api takes longer than 5 seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

The answer is yes. It includes the time to the backend
If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

The answer is yes. It includes the time to the backend
If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thanks for making this clear. This makes this feature in my point of view unusable, as small latencies (for example the startup time of the service when in idle) would result in errors.

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

It's designed to solve smaller problems that could not be solved otherwise in a connector. For task heavy operations you should extend your service and just create a connector action instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,943)