cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YdR
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Power Apps to Azure Repos

Hi all,

Hope you can help me with the following problem. The new experimental feature of Power Apps is the Git version control. I connected my Power App to Gitjub successfully, however, I was wondering if you can connect a Power App to Azure Repos as well? I cannot seem to do it and do not find information about it on the web.

Do you know if connecting Power Apps to Aure Repos is doable? If so, how?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

You can do this, but you need to configure it manually; it is not a one-click solution the way it is for GitHub.

Usually, you would set up your Azure DevOps Repo, then create a Pipeline, using the Power Platform Build Tools for DevOps to connect to your Power Platform solutions, export content, etc. All this config would need to be done manually, though.

YdR
Frequent Visitor

Hi cchannon,

Thanks for your reply! Is it worth the effor in your opinion? If so, why?

Kind regards,

Yvo 

I do it on every project.

My teams like DevOps for several reasons, but really there are three that jump out: 

• The licensing is free for private storage because we all have visual studio subscriptions anyway
  • The work item management (boards, backlogs) is feature-rich
  • Our dev teams are accustomed to the yaml setup of DevOps pipelines

But, admittedly, I know that eventually my teams will need to transition to GitHub because the GitHub actions and pre-built integrations are gradually eclipsing DevOps functionality. So, if you aren't already invested in DevOps by licensing and skillets like I am, it probably makes more sense to go the GitHub path.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,450)