cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mageshmaddy
Regular Visitor

Custom Connector oauth 2.0 api - Need to connect manually when connection is broken

Hi,

I use a custom connector which is a oauth 2 api . It works fine through flow but the connection gets lost after few hours and we need to go and fix the connection by manually entering the credentials.

Please help me resolving the issue..

4 REPLIES 4
akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Mageshmaddy and @Syndicate_Admin 

I was in the same situation and I noticed that I was using a wrong configuration. So let me try to exaplain it.

To configure this we need to have 2 App registration, one used to make the user Authenticatoin and the other one to proxy to the Azure Function.

I try to exaplin following this structure

App Registration 1 -> App Registration 2 -> Azure Function

My solution was

1. (App Registration 2) The Resource URL have to be setted up with the Client ID of the Proxy App registration, in antoher words the App registration that is configured in the Azure Function blade.
  2. (App Registration 1) Set the Client ID and Secret fields with the App Registration that have the Api Permission of the App registration proxy.

After doing this my custom connector conexion start being always alive.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @Syndicate_Admin 

I was in the same situation and I noticed that I was using a wrong configuration. So let me try to exaplain it.

To configure this we need to have 2 App registration, one used to make the user Authenticatoin and the other one to proxy to the Azure Function.

I try to exaplin following this structure

App Registration 1 -> App Registration 2 -> Azure Function

My solution was

1. (App Registration 2) The Resource URL have to be setted up with the Client ID of the Proxy App registration, in antoher words the App registration that is configured in the Azure Function blade.
  2. (App Registration 1) Set the Client ID and Secret fields with the App Registration that have the Api Permission of the App registration proxy.

After doing this my custom connector conexion start being always alive.

Mageshmaddy
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Can you give more explanation on this?. would be better if you can send screenshots on how to set this up.

Currently the api connection works for 24 hours after that it shows fix connection and after we fix it manually it works.

akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This Microsoft doc that I share with you have details on what I'm try to say. If this configuratino is not well performed you will experience the point you mention that the token will be expired every time.

If you follow the doc and still having the issue please let me know and I will try to give you more support on it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/es-es/connectors/custom-connectors/create-custom-connector-aad-protected-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,351)