cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmpBas
Regular Visitor

Custom connector migration

Hi all, I have a powerapp that uses a custom connector. All of the components are gathered in the solution except for the custom connector. When I try to move the custom connector to the solution I get the following message: 

AmpBas_0-1642666757573.png

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and how to solve this issue? 

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Are you trying to migrate it to a Dataverse for Teams environment, maybe?

...Custom connectors are not supported in D4T

AmpBas
Regular Visitor

There is no migration happening to another environment yet. The custom connector is made in an environment and I am trying to add the connector to a solution in the same environment. 

HEATFreight
Super User
Super User

I got a similar (but I'm pretty sure different) error but found that all the custom connectors I tried to add to the solution were successfully added. It's not clear what the difference is between "inside dataverse" and "outside dataverse". Confusingly, most of my custom connectors showed up in "outside dataverse" tab, but one of them seemed to be in both.

Well anyway, my problem is I can't export an unmanaged solution from one environment to another environment because apparently custom connectors are not supported, so you have to already have the custom connector added to the target environment, which I do! But I can't seem to select the already existing custom connector in the target environment on solution import. All I have is the option to "add new".

EDIT: Actually I just figured it out. I honed the solution down to just one custom connector (plus all the flows and canvas apps and whatnot). I have other custom connectors that will be used eventually but for now I am able to remove those without breaking any functionality. First I removed the test flows that I was using to build those custom connectors, then I removed the custom connectors themselves from the solution too. Can add them again later when I'm ready to implement that other functionality. So with the simplified solution containing only the one custom connector that I'm actually using, I was able to click "+ New connection" and select the desired custom connector within the target environment!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,297)