cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Enable pagination for Custom Connector Action

How can I enable pagination for an Action in my Custom Connector?
I can see here that it can be enabled for some components:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/four-connector-action-settings/ 

I follow the OpenAPI x-pagination / cursor option shown here https://www.transposit.com/blog/2019.12.10-using-extensions-to-support-pagination-in-openapi/ to add it to my connector, but the Pagination option in the Settings does not show up. 

I did not find any info that about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry that you are having trouble with this feature. The API will need to implement @odata.nextLink.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The x-ms-pageable may be helpful. Here is an example connector.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thank you for the reply! 
However, I wonder if it's more Azure specific and not for Connectors in general? - e.g. it's not listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/openapi-extensions and what it accepts is pretty limited. When I try to use it with the response body I get where the info is inside pagination->nextUrl, I get this error:

Specified swagger has the following errors: 'Definition is not valid. Error: 'Error : paths/~1exchange~1v1~1collections~1{collectionId}~1spaces~1{containerId}~1sync/get/x-ms-pageable/nextLinkName : The nextLinkName value for operation 'GetData' is invalid. Supported values are 'nextLink' or '@odata.nextLink'. '

Update: adding this to the swagger definition of the Custom Connector does add the Pagination option to the Settings dialog:

x-ms-pageable: {nextLinkName: nextLink}

AdamTheNagy_0-1626336999041.png

But it will not work, because it expects a certain type of content in the response body:

AdamTheNagy_1-1626337038348.png

Not sure if it can be made to work with a different response body.

Any ideas?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry that you are having trouble with this feature. The API will need to implement @odata.nextLink.

View solution in original post

That's sad, but thanks for the confirmation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,409)