cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Enable pagination for Custom Connector Action

How can I enable pagination for an Action in my Custom Connector?
I can see here that it can be enabled for some components:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/four-connector-action-settings/ 

I follow the OpenAPI x-pagination / cursor option shown here https://www.transposit.com/blog/2019.12.10-using-extensions-to-support-pagination-in-openapi/ to add it to my connector, but the Pagination option in the Settings does not show up. 

I did not find any info that about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry that you are having trouble with this feature. The API will need to implement @odata.nextLink.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The x-ms-pageable may be helpful. Here is an example connector.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thank you for the reply! 
However, I wonder if it's more Azure specific and not for Connectors in general? - e.g. it's not listed here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/custom-connectors/openapi-extensions and what it accepts is pretty limited. When I try to use it with the response body I get where the info is inside pagination->nextUrl, I get this error:

Specified swagger has the following errors: 'Definition is not valid. Error: 'Error : paths/~1exchange~1v1~1collections~1{collectionId}~1spaces~1{containerId}~1sync/get/x-ms-pageable/nextLinkName : The nextLinkName value for operation 'GetData' is invalid. Supported values are 'nextLink' or '@odata.nextLink'. '

Update: adding this to the swagger definition of the Custom Connector does add the Pagination option to the Settings dialog:

x-ms-pageable: {nextLinkName: nextLink}

AdamTheNagy_0-1626336999041.png

But it will not work, because it expects a certain type of content in the response body:

AdamTheNagy_1-1626337038348.png

Not sure if it can be made to work with a different response body.

Any ideas?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry that you are having trouble with this feature. The API will need to implement @odata.nextLink.

View solution in original post

That's sad, but thanks for the confirmation!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,859)