cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Epic Custom Connector OAuth Password issues

I'm having an issue with powerapps, in a Hospital/Provider environment that runs Epic as our EHR that maybe the community can guide me on.  I have the Epic custom connector in my orgs Prd environment. When users sign into the app they put in their Epic credentials, when they change their password (every 90 days) the connector does not prompt them to re-authenticate for some reason, but it then cannot run the services.  So, it's like the oauth2 hash is working for them to call the service, but then it won't give the data, and the connector does not understand that they need to enter their new password.  To top it off since these users do not have make.poweraps.com access to my company's prd env, I can't figure out how they can change their credentials.  Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,
It sounds like the access/refresh token isn't invalidated after 90 days of password change. When the refresh token is sent to the auth server it succeeds and then the resource server rejects the access token. Can you please work with your backend dev on this? Let us know if you have more question.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

SameerCh
Power Automate
Power Automate

What is the authentication mechanism used the Epic custom connector?

(1) If it is OAUTH/AAD based, I would expect things to continue working. Default AAD policies is that refresh tokens continue to be valid even after a password is reset by users. Admins do have the ability to change this policy. If not, the connection will be set to Unauthenticated.

(2) If it is Basic Auth, then the password is out of sync. Ideally, the connection status will be set to Unauthenticated. But, it doesnt happen by default. You need to use an explicit policy to set the connection to Unathenticated. See this one we released a while back, for this specific scenario: Set Connection Status to Unauthenticated(Preview) | Microsoft Docs

In either case, once the connection is set to Unauthenticated, when the user launch the app again, the user will be prompted to fix the connection.

Hope this explains!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,351)