cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

How often is it ok to pull data from a rest API with customer connector in Power Automate.

I have created a customer connector which do a GET-request to a ERP-system to get accounts and projects into Dynamics/Dataverse. I have some logic that check if customer/project exist and then update/create.

It works perfect, and the flow is triggered by and recurrence step. My question is how often it is ok to pull data? I my case it is not very much data, say 500 customers. 

In a perfect world, every second. 🙂 The limits or consequences is not clear to me...

PaalA_0-1656837748682.png

1 REPLY 1
Ionaaa
Helper II
Helper II

It's not as much a question of how much requests can you do/should do, but I think its deeper.

You can do a recurrence every second, get some customer data and store that. However, doing that every second you most likely will get duplicate data. On basis of timing, I wouldn't say only after the last call is finished, i.e. your flow takes a minute? Than once every 61 seconds.

The real question is, why should you do it this way? You are probably better of using webhooks or having the ERP system push information.

For limits: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/power-platform/blob/main/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-al...

There is documentation on how many calls you can actually make 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,192)