cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariusagur

OIDC authentication with custom connectors

is there any way to use OIDC with custom connectors? From what I can see only oauth2 is supported with custom connectors, and the id_token provided by the OIDC provider is not being used when performing actions.
That means you can get authentication to work, but not authorization as the user claims are in the id_token and not the accesstoken (which is what custom connectors provide when performing actions).
This basically prevents all OIDC providers from creating anything other than "permit/deny all" unless they are running AAD or write some custom middleware to match accesstokenid with the id_token provided in the authentication phase. Or to put it in other words: implement a custom authorization library
5 REPLIES 5
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

OIDC isn't supported at this moment. You can use scopes instead of permit/deny all. Also checkout this newly added support for code, which will probably not solve the problem but may help in some specific cases.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

That's a shame. Is it in the pipeline?

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am assuming you are asking whether custom script feature is in the pipeline or not. Custom script feature is in public preview.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

No, I'm wondering whether OIDC is in the pipeline

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

I am not aware of this feature in the pipeline. You can submit your ideas here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,465)