cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MistaahG

Pass file content with custom connector to Azure Function

Hi all

Can anyone explain me how to pass the content of a SharePoint file (via the get file from sharepoint action) to a custom connector that accepts the content of a file as a input parameter? The file content will be processed in a Azure Function.
How does the swagger definition looks like?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Gianni

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Not sure I understand. Why are you using a custom connector for this? Power Automate already has a Get File connector. If you need your function to call Get File, make a Flow with an HTTP trigger. If you need your flow to call your function, make a flow with an HTTP Request Action. I don't see where a custom connector comes into play.

shyamsu
Power Automate
Power Automate

I believe you need to use

"format": "binary",
"type": "string"

Also, please take a look at our open source repo where you will find hundreds of connectors and some of these connector implement the feature you are looking for : PowerPlatformConnectors/certified-connectors at master · microsoft/PowerPlatformConnectors · GitHub

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,236)