cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronnie-gibson

Planner connector deficiency

Hi folks. 

I'm sure some of you will already have come across this issue...but we've hit a brick wall creating Planner Tasks in Power Automate.

We are populating the tasks with checklists and want to have the checklist show automatically on the card.

The problem is that the previewType property we need to set to show the checklist is NOT exposed in either the create task or update task functions.

Other than this group, are there any other routes to provide feedback/request that a parameter for the previewType is added to the functions to create and update Planner tasks in the connector?

3 REPLIES 3
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

Planner connector is release as open source. Please feel free to update and submit for certification. https://github.com/microsoft/PowerPlatformConnectors/tree/dev/certified-connectors/Planner

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Are you being serious?

I'm trying to provide some constructive feedback to Microsoft on a connector they have already developed for their Planner tool. The suggested change has been requested by a number of people from what I have found and would be of benefit to anyone using Power Automate with Planner...it's also surely a trivial update for the team at Microsoft who developed the connector and it's a bit confusing why it's not already there. 
Are you really telling me that Microsoft's response to this is effectively - go and do it yourself?

Is it not in everyone's best interest for the official Microsoft connector to be updated by the people who actually wrote it? 

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

Sorry I misspoke. I was not suggesting you to do it. I was pointing out that the source is available for under MIT license and anyone from the community can contribute. You can submit this as an idea in this forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,019)