cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
techdeveloper
Frequent Visitor

SQL Server on premises data gateway persistently showing error "The Gateway Is Either Offline Or Could Not Be Reached"

Hi,

I've develop a few forms to support business transaction in my company.  I'm using my company internal server with Windows Server 2012 R2 and Microsoft SQL server 2014 for the data source and connect it via on-premises data gateway. At first it runs smoothly but suddenly 3/4 days ago it started showing error "The Gateway Is Either Offline Or Could Not Be Reached" when our staff and i tried to access it, but strangely it happen at random, sometimes it run smooth but sometimes it show that error, but it's persistent.

I've tried to update the on-premises data gateway apps to the latest version, updated pending update on windows server, but still doesn't fix the problem.

Can anyone here help me figure out what cause this problem ?.

Thank you.

image_2021-11-02_11-22-59.png

Screenshot_11.png

Screenshot_12.png

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I will ask someone from gateway team to help.

thank you, I appreciate it.

I've tried disable HTTPS Mode from the gateway apps and add modified register key in our server as in this documentation :

Adjust communication settings for the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

Now the error has lessen, and I think it's started to get normal again.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for reporting. Let me know if you encounter this again.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi,

I've develop a few forms to support business transaction in my company.  I'm using my company internal server with Windows Server 2012  and Microsoft SQL server 2017 for the data source and connect it via on-premises data gateway. At first it runs smoothly but suddenly 3/4 days ago it started showing error "The gateway is either offline or could not be reached.
inner exception: Gateway on endpoint 'sb://wabi-west-europe-relay21.servicebus.windows.net/0b99c520-72d0-4261-9ac3-c7e7f22d35ef/' is unreachable.
inner exception: The communication object, Microsoft.ServiceBus.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state.
clientRequestId: 27531172-0bb9-47cd-97f1-f354ae32f444" when our staff and i tried to access it, but strangely it happen at random, sometimes it run smooth but sometimes it show that error, but it's persistent.

I've tried to update the on-premises data gateway apps to the latest version, updated pending update on windows server, but still doesn't fix the problem.

Can anyone here help me figure out what cause this problem ?.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,127)