cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gbs2927
Frequent Visitor

SQL server connector communication mechanism

I am fairly new to the power platform. I want to know about the SQL server connector's communication mechanism with managed SQL DB instance(Azure) with regards to the protocol used, where the connection details and credentials are stored. I am using SQL server authentication for connecting to DB.

I went through several documents but I didn't get the answer of above mentioned questions. If I get any reference document about the security measures implemented specific to SQL server connector, it would be really helpful for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I got the following information. I am paraphrasing,

'Encrypted credentials are saved securely. Once token is obtained the connector works purely with tokens. The whole communication pipeline is protected over TLS1.2 and https.'

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I will refer to an expert for more information.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I got the following information. I am paraphrasing,

'Encrypted credentials are saved securely. Once token is obtained the connector works purely with tokens. The whole communication pipeline is protected over TLS1.2 and https.'

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thank you @Syndicate_Admin. this information helped me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (4,221)