cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
obadiahjohnson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Why was "Post a message as the Flow Bot to a user" now marked as DEPRECATED?

This was a great tool to notify users of things without advertising it to everyone in a channel. 

Please add this functionality back to the Teams Power Automate Suite.

7 REPLIES 7
murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

There can be many reasons for this, backend service deprecation, abuse, etc. comes to my mind. Please feel free to submit this as a feature request to this forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/idb-p/MPAIdeas

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Maybe the lesson I'm trying to request of Microsoft here is: let those who are using these features know something's been removed instead of letting them have to dig into system specs to discover why a feature that was being used suddenly doesn't exist. 

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the feedback. The teams connector documentation has it listed as deprecated. Do you think it's a good way to communicate this change? If not, what would be a better way of notifying the users. Note that, a deprecated action will continue to work for existing flows but will not be available to new flows.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Thank you for your patience. I didn't know you had posted another answer and was coming back to edit my reply to be a little more professional. 

To answer your question, I think a posting of deprecated items listed, much like the postings of new Power Automate connectors and features that are on the feed and in email blasts would help with this. 

While the documentation was eventually helpful, what ended up happening is me, as a user, went to use something that was there previously. There's no way for me to know to even check the documentation because I was returning to use a tool I have used in the past. Only after digging into help articles did I stumble upon updated documentation explaining the issue. 

Thanks again for your time.

murshed
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for providing the suggestion. I will bring this to the teams attention.

skillsy
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Is there a replacement for this very easy tool to show an alert to a user briefly? We found it extremely useful for low level alerts. e.g. "New Customer Order" that wouldn't clutter email boxes or elsewhere.

obadiahjohnson
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yes, there’s another send message function in teams that can be used to chat with people. It only accepts 1 person so you have to use a loop if you want to send messages to multiple people but it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,718)