cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

verification mails and recieving responses.

I need  a flow to verify Assets with employees.

I have Asset code,laptop code etc and I need to trigger mails for everyone at a time along with asset code and laptop linked to them from the data coming from sharepoint list.And they need to click yes or no.The response data again comes to sharepoint list.

please suggest a flow .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

It's great that you identified the problem. Here are two solutions:

1. Use concurrency control to send a batch of emails at a time.

As suggested in this forum question you can use concurrency for the loop to do a better job. But it will probably not solve your problem. Say you have 100 users and you set concurrency to 10, there will be 10 parallel threads sending 10 emails. Once a user responds to the yes/no only that thread will advance to the next person and so forth. Also note that there is a timeout option that you can turn on to specify. If you are working with smaller data set this could do the job, but for 4000 people this may not work.

More posts: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Email-with-Options-Multi-person-select/td...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Send-email-with-options-to-multiple-peopl...

2. Send the email with a link to fil out a form

As suggested in this forum question create a form to collect responses about the asset, put the link to the email and send emails. The users will need to click link and fill out the form about their asset. This introduces a little bit of inconvenience for the user but will solve the problem of waiting for the user to provide input.

Web search for "power automate send email with options to multiple recipients" for more forum posts. Hope this helps.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

You just suggested the flow in your description. Create a flow with time trigger (Recurrence) say for every month. When the flow is trigger first day of the month, read from the sharepoint list with asset and send an email to the person. If the person doesn't own the asset they can click a link contained in the email that will open sharepoint and they can fill out the information.

Instead of email you use Team connector and sharepoint integration with teams to do similar flow. You can create an response button in an email if you are using outlook as well.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

hey @murshed Thank you .

but the solution is not relevant.

In screenshots you can see the flow I have built.Here the problem is it is sending only one email.I have 4000 Clients to send a mail and repord data in sharepoint list.It terminates after sending one email.Emails can be fetched from Assigned to column in sharepoint list.

Please provide a detailed solution to send mails to everyone at same time and independent on other responses and terminate after the last mail id.Screenshot (295)_LI.jpgScreenshot (296)_LI.jpg

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for clarifying the question.

Do you get any error after running the flow? Did you check how many items were returned in the Get Items call? Here is an example how to do that: https://tahoeninjas.blog/2019/07/04/how-to-count-number-of-items-returned-by-sharepoint-getitems-act...

If your count is equal to the number of item you expect then the problem is in the loop. Are all the actions you defined in the loop working correctly? Maybe it encountered an error and stopped processing.

If you count is less the number you are expecting, please check if you are using correct list and if there are any issue with the data.

Thank you @murshed 

I tried what you have said and It sends and gets response from only one from first item mail  and its not sending mail to others.

Please solve it.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @likhith117 

Sorry that it's not working. For privacy reason I won't be able to access your flow. But don't worry I will help in some other way.

From your last response, I presume that Get Items is returning correct number of items. In the loop I see that you are updating the sharepoint list right after sending the email? How are you getting the response from the email in that step? How are you confirming that it's not working? Did you test with a sample dataset? Do you have a client request id or flow run id that you can give me to investigate?

Hey @murshed .Than you you really got me think of updating Item.

I did that  mistake.

OK If you wish to investigate and find a flow.I will create a sample data for you out of my organisation and give access to you.Please Tell me how can I give you access.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah creating a sample will give you more clarity since you will be working with a small dataset. I am thinking that the second email in the sharepoint list may be incorrect and send email fails after sending the first email and ends the flow. Please test it will small sample dataset.

I don't need to access the flow but if you give me the client request id from the flow run I will be able to see the log and find out if there was any error.

sorry @murshed  I cant give you client request Id.Its against my company rules.

Please read the problem in  messege 7 and suggest  a way from scratch.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

I understand. Please create a sample flow just to test the flow by yourself and see if you can find the issue with the production list that you are using.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (964)