cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

verification mails and recieving responses.

I need  a flow to verify Assets with employees.

I have Asset code,laptop code etc and I need to trigger mails for everyone at a time along with asset code and laptop linked to them from the data coming from sharepoint list.And they need to click yes or no.The response data again comes to sharepoint list.

please suggest a flow .

11 REPLIES 11
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank You @murshed .I found the problem.

Actually mail is being sent if the previous one is responded.

If First mail is sent and he responded then 2nd mail is being sent and so on like a chain system.

I need The mails being sent to be independant.

and What should be given in Approvertomail?

please suggest a solution.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

It's great that you identified the problem. Here are two solutions:

1. Use concurrency control to send a batch of emails at a time.

As suggested in this forum question you can use concurrency for the loop to do a better job. But it will probably not solve your problem. Say you have 100 users and you set concurrency to 10, there will be 10 parallel threads sending 10 emails. Once a user responds to the yes/no only that thread will advance to the next person and so forth. Also note that there is a timeout option that you can turn on to specify. If you are working with smaller data set this could do the job, but for 4000 people this may not work.

More posts: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Email-with-Options-Multi-person-select/td...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Send-email-with-options-to-multiple-peopl...

2. Send the email with a link to fil out a form

As suggested in this forum question create a form to collect responses about the asset, put the link to the email and send emails. The users will need to click link and fill out the form about their asset. This introduces a little bit of inconvenience for the user but will solve the problem of waiting for the user to provide input.

Web search for "power automate send email with options to multiple recipients" for more forum posts. Hope this helps.

If this reply answers your question or solves your issue, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION ☑️. If you find this reply helpful, please consider giving it a LIKE 👍.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,619)