cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-ronalh
Level: Powered On

Adding new table to Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops Dataset

Dear community,

I am building an app. This app has Dynamics 365 For Fin & Ops connection, with a DataSet. When creating an app, we can add a connection in the “Connections” screen. From here we can select a dataset and next thing to do is select a table. However this list is not covering all tables in Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops, and I would like add tables which are not listed here and add them as datasource for my app.

Does anyone know how I can add a new table in this list? Btw the tables are existing D365 FO tables (InventSite and InventLocation). I already tried to add the table manually as you can see the screenshot most below, but then I got an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-ronalh

Re: Adding new table to Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops Dataset

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your reply. First of all,  I guess that my license was P2, and that this was the cause of the trouble. Now I am working with a P2 trial, and Data Integration works fine. I was able to create connecttion set with CDS without any issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @v-ronalh ,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

Could you please share a bit more about the Table you want to add into your data source?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please make sure the Table you want to add as a data source within your app has been defined properly within your Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops instance.

If the Table (from your Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops) you want to add as a data source in your app is in a different Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops instance, you need to re-create a new connection to the different Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops instance which contains the Table from your app.

Actually, the Table list within your PowerApps app would list all available tables from your Dynamics 365 Fin and Ops instance. If the table you want to add is not within the Table list, you need to check if the Table you want to add is not a Normal table which PowerApps supports.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-ronalh

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your reply. First of all,  I guess that my license was P2, and that this was the cause of the trouble. Now I am working with a P2 trial, and Data Integration works fine. I was able to create connecttion set with CDS without any issue.

v-ronalh

Correction: My license was not Powerapps P2, and that was the cause of this problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 174 members 4,770 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: