cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shahar
Level: Powered On

BUG API with parenthesis: Unable to match incoming request to an operation

I am creating a custom connector to a REST end point that contains parenthesis.  The method called, a SharePoint Online user profile request is as follows:

https://<site name>/_api/SP.UserProfiles.PeopleManager/GetPropetiesFor(@v)?@v=''i:0#.f|membership|<upn>'

I'm able to successfully get the data in the test tab for custom connector, but in the application it fails with a 404 and the message 'Unable to match incoming request to an operation'.  

When I inspect the request I see that the parenthesis around (@v) were converted to %28@v%29. I If I convert it back to (@v) (using Fiddler Compose) I see the data returned correctly.  Also, other operations, e.g. /GetMyProperties, are working fine.

I realize that the URI is equivalent, but when PowerApps changes the method signature the SharePoint API is no longer able to recognize it.  Is there any way to prevent PowerApps from doing that?  Looks like a bug.   SharePoint and other REST specs (SAP) use this construct quite a lot!  So, this can potentially impact quite a few development efforts

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: API with parenthesis: Unable to match incoming request to an operation

This should be related to the URL encoding.

There is an idea submitted on this part:

Decode URL in PowerApps

Currently I have no workaorund to deal with such a situation.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
shahar
Level: Powered On

Re: API with parenthesis: Unable to match incoming request to an operation

The reference is not really related to the issue. This is a bug in the way that PowerApps references the API URI.  You are not supposed to encode the URL path.