Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom API returns internal server error

Hi,

I have a Custom API registered in my organization, calling an Azure Funcion. The AuthorizationLevel of the Function has been set to anonymous, as so it is configured in my custom API. When I try to test my connector within the test utility of the connector I receive the following exception:

{
  "statusCode": 500,
  "message": "Internal server error",
  "activityId": "86acbd5e-137c-4423-8a80-29841af113de"
}

Exactly the same exception I receive when I add the connection in Powerapps, and call the function/operation defined in the connector.

When I change my Azure Function to AuthorizationLevel.Function and update the connector saying it needs an API key (without changing anything else) I do not receive an exception while testing my connector with the testing utility in the connector it succeeds. It returns a statuscode 200 with the data I expect it to return.

I've tested the Azure function directly and the Azure Function is functioning normally and returning correct data, so it looks like adding a custom connector with authentication = anonymous somehow fails.

Can someone help me out with this? I do not want to add any authentication to my connector, so simply changing authentication to using an API key isn't sufficient for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Custom API returns internal server error

Hi @Anonymous,

Anonymous type should be not supported currently.

If you would like this to be added, then please consider submit it as an idea.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For other limits, please check the FAQ below:

Custom connector FAQ for Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow, and PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Anonymous type should be not supported currently.

If you would like this to be added, then please consider submit it as an idea.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

For other limits, please check the FAQ below:

Custom connector FAQ for Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow, and PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft, thanks for your reply.

I had not reached the FAQ yet, I only read several tutorials and the documentation, but all of them mention that anonymous is an authentication method, next to basic, api key and oauth. Even the Connector registration wizard gives this option, so this is somewhat confusing.

I'll consider now to add some authentication, thanks for helping out!