cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Datasource not updating from app

I'm new to PowerApps as of yesterday, so forgive me if this is a silly questions, but I've searched the internet high and low and cannot find a solution.

My app is connected to a table in Excel. When I type something in the table in Excel, it does not update in the app. I've tried a refresh button 'Refresh(datasource)' but to no avail. No matter how many times I hit refresh, that data does not show up in the app, but if I make a change in the app, the new data will show up in the table. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Datasource not updating from app

Hi @Anonymous,

To make what you changed in Excel appear in the app, you need to first save the changes in Excel and then refresh the data source in PowerApps. I just tried in this way and all my changes would directly show in my app after clicking on refresh button. 

Notice that if you opened and edited the Excel file from local synced folder, after you saved the excel, please make sure that it is also synced online successfully with the green checkmark.

Capture.PNG

If you have checked all above and still cannot make the update shows, please try to close the app and reopen it to have a try.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your data source? Is it OneDrive or static data? 

Capture.PNG

If it is stored in OneDrive, then I noticed that you didn't mention that you have saved the Excel after typing. Did you save the Excel successfully and then refresh the data source in PowerApps?

If it is a static data, then I'm afraid that once you import the table into PowerApps, it won't refresh the data from the source in your app anymore. I suggest that you could post an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-monli-msft,

Thanks for your help. OneDrive is my data source. Even when I save the data in Excel and refresh the PowerApp, the data does not update. I read somewhere that it could be because Excel is open, so I closed Excel down and refreshed the PowerApp, and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

To make what you changed in Excel appear in the app, you need to first save the changes in Excel and then refresh the data source in PowerApps. I just tried in this way and all my changes would directly show in my app after clicking on refresh button. 

Notice that if you opened and edited the Excel file from local synced folder, after you saved the excel, please make sure that it is also synced online successfully with the green checkmark.

Capture.PNG

If you have checked all above and still cannot make the update shows, please try to close the app and reopen it to have a try.

Regards,

Mona

Highlighted
ngabougaifan
Level: Powered On

Hi I have faced similar problem also...my PowerApps is connected to an Excel file in Onedrive for Business, whenever there is new submission by users, the latest data does not appear when i click the "Refresh" button in Excel. It will only appear when I close the Excel file and reopen it...this is somewhat different from PowerApps connected to SharePoint whereby the Excel table exported from SharePoint could be show latest updated data by just clicking the Refresh button.. Anyone could advise please?

mudhopper
Level: Powered On

Same problem for me.  Excel changes not feeding through to Powerapps... v frustrating.