Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
v-ronalh
Level: Powered On

Inventory Counting Assistant App: Referring to incorrect CDS name

Dear community,

The Inventory Counting Assistant is an already ready to use app (available at at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/scenario-3-inventory-counting-assistant/ , here we also find the steps for installation) which especially and only build for use with Dynamics 365. I follow the steps mentioned in the documentation.  The issue is as follows:

When configuring the data integration in PowerApps Admin Center, We we are do the mapping have to create a task for each data source to map. We give a source (which is coming from Dynamics 365) and a Destination (Which is the PowerApps CDS entity). In the Destination colomn we see that each datasource has a prefix, in addition of the CDS entity name. In my case this prefix is 'cr7a6_'.  Before I import the app (step 4 from the documentation, I test the connections and there are fine. There is contact with D365. However the app is not able to make contact with the CDS entities, and the reason is that app refers to prefix 'cr7e'. More information you can see in the attached screenshots.  I did try a manually change of the reference in the App's code, save, refresh and do on, but nothing helps.   Does any of yours have any idea how to fix this?

More information about the Count Assistant App: https://youtu.be/-XcKr6Nzc78

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Inventory Counting Assistant App: Referring to incorrect CDS name

Hi @v-ronalh 

Could you please try to change another environment to test?

More information:

working-with-environments

Best Regards.

Yumia

v-ronalh

This problem is fixed now.

To fix the problem, I did create a new solution. When we create a new solution, it's obligatory to select a Publisher. It's also possible to create a new publisher, which gives the opportunity to enter a new Prefix as shown in the attachment. All objectes e.g. entities, which are created under this new solution, get automatically a prefix which is defined in the Publisher. 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @v-ronalh 

Could you please try to change another environment to test?

More information:

working-with-environments

Best Regards.

Yumia

v-ronalh

This problem is fixed now.

To fix the problem, I did create a new solution. When we create a new solution, it's obligatory to select a Publisher. It's also possible to create a new publisher, which gives the opportunity to enter a new Prefix as shown in the attachment. All objectes e.g. entities, which are created under this new solution, get automatically a prefix which is defined in the Publisher. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 78 members 4,569 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: