cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MatthewMcDMVP
Level: Powered On

Managing Push Recipients

What is the "best way" to manage Push Notification recipients? Is there a method for "Opt-In" rather than have to edit the list of recipients and republish the app? As the app author is this something I have to manage myself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MatthewMcDMVP

Re: Managing Push Recipients

Solved this using the following process.

1. Moved the Send Push Notification out of the App and into a Flow.
  2. Trigger is "Item Created"
  3. GetItem from a SharePoint list (I called it AppConfiguration) where I store Name/Value pairs. In this case a comma delimited list of email addresses.
  4. Convert the result into an array with a Split Compose Action.
  5. Add the output of #4 to the Recipients field in the Send Push Notification action. Open App = True.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Have you checked the following article?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-notifications

You could configure the recipients within a Dropdown, and then use the search function to find the proper Email within the Contact table.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MatthewMcDMVP

My situation is not the same. I have folks running the app who are "listeners" so they want to know when there is a change or addition through the app. 

I guess it will depend on weather the Push Notification system actually functions correctly (based on my other question.) For now it appears that once you are subscribed you can never unsubscribe. Which will not work for us.

For the time being I am going to investigate an alternative since the management is so broken.

MatthewMcDMVP

Solved this using the following process.

1. Moved the Send Push Notification out of the App and into a Flow.
  2. Trigger is "Item Created"
  3. GetItem from a SharePoint list (I called it AppConfiguration) where I store Name/Value pairs. In this case a comma delimited list of email addresses.
  4. Convert the result into an array with a Split Compose Action.
  5. Add the output of #4 to the Recipients field in the Send Push Notification action. Open App = True.