cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dcullen
Level: Powered On

Office365Users.UserPhoto request lag when retrieving images

Is there any way to "pre-load" in around 1500 rows of data to a collection and store all images requested from 

Office365Users.UserPhoto

in local memory?

The reason I ask is because I am trying to build a gallery and the image comes from the 

Office365Users.UserPhoto('username@domain.com')

request, but there is a significant delay in doing this, for example to retrive 10 images back there is like a 10 second wait time before the image appears in my gallery.

If I could somehow pre-load all of the images into the app this may be a better solution. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office365Users.UserPhoto request lag when retrieving images

Yes, you could take use of the OnStart property of the first screen to generate the collection:

"

OnStart – The behavior of an app when the user opens it or starts to record with a microphone control. Applies to AudioMicrophoneScreen, and Video controls.

"

Property reference.

But it will slow down the App loading performance.

For best practice, see:

Performance considerations with PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office365Users.UserPhoto request lag when retrieving images

Yes, you could take use of the OnStart property of the first screen to generate the collection:

"

OnStart – The behavior of an app when the user opens it or starts to record with a microphone control. Applies to AudioMicrophoneScreen, and Video controls.

"

Property reference.

But it will slow down the App loading performance.

For best practice, see:

Performance considerations with PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.