Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jaco-Louis
Level: Powered On

Powerapps servicedesk to work with sharepoint site

Good day everyone

I am super new to powerapps and would like to change to data source from the service desk template to work with our sharepoint site.

I have tried changing the connection to sharepoint but I need to generate te different lists that the app use. I am unable to find the template for the excel spreadsheet so that I can create the lists in sharepoint. Is there an easier way to do this? If so, how can I quickly change the data source to our sharepoint site so that the service desk template can be integrated with our sharepoint site.

Thank you for the assistance in this regard.

Kind regards

Jaco-Louis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bdodu
Level 8

Re: Powerapps servicedesk to work with sharepoint site

I believe the easiest option for you is to try to recreate all the Excel spreadsheets as lists in your sharepoint and then connect each sharepoint list to your app while deleting same time the old connection to excel sheet.

Try to do this one by one connection and also keep the connection name.

Hereby this link help you create a sharepoint list from your excel spreadsheet:

Create a list based on a spreadsheet

2 REPLIES 2
bdodu
Level 8

I believe the easiest option for you is to try to recreate all the Excel spreadsheets as lists in your sharepoint and then connect each sharepoint list to your app while deleting same time the old connection to excel sheet.

Try to do this one by one connection and also keep the connection name.

Hereby this link help you create a sharepoint list from your excel spreadsheet:

Create a list based on a spreadsheet

Rebel14
Level: Powered On

Any suggestion for converting the functions that point to the ticketscollection1 position of the objects? I have recreated all data connections as SharePoint Lists named the same as the original excel static connections. Accept when try to remove the "Tickets" data source, the errors in the data connection cause issues with the main "dashboard" objects. The ultimate purpose of converting the data connections to an SP List would be to better be able to control the data and reporting options directly in SharePoint.