Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stevel
Level: Powered On

Skype integration?

Hi

I'd like to be able to use Launch("skype:mySkypeName?chat") to launch the Skype for Business mobile app pointed at a user in our company, much like I already do for Launch("tel:myPhone") and mail Launch("mailto:myEmail"). Alternatively I'd be fine if we had to use a sky URI like Launch("mySkypeURI").

I guess if needed, I could use the Skype for Business REST API and create a custom connector...thoughts?

I've tried to Launch() skype from my PowerApp on IOS with no success. 

Advice please, thanks in advance...Steve

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Skype integration?

Hi Stevel,

I am afraid that currently it is not possible to achieve what you want, even with Skype REST API.

I have seen a similar request at Flow Ideas Forum, you could check the idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Please-create-a-connector-for-Skype-for-Business-Skyp...

Staff Stephen said that Skype for Business support is something we're planning on, unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA at this time because there is no public Skype REST API. We are working with the Skype team to get exposing REST APIs booked so we can light it up in Flow.

So I assume that PowerApps should have the same issue. I haven’t seen similar idea on PowerApps Ideas Forum, please consider to create a request at here, I will also report it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Hi Steve,

Yes, this is a known issue that the "skype:" or "sip:" handler doesn't work with PowerApps iOS currently, it is slightly tricky and we have not been able to solve it yet. 

You should be able to use this functionality on Android using the "sip:" handler.

trekkie66
Level: Power Up

This is an old thread but just in case thought to share this info that works for me for iPhone:

Launch("sip:Username@domain.com")

Where Username@domain.com is the SIP Address

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Stevel,

I am afraid that currently it is not possible to achieve what you want, even with Skype REST API.

I have seen a similar request at Flow Ideas Forum, you could check the idea at here:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Please-create-a-connector-for-Skype-for-Business-Skyp...

Staff Stephen said that Skype for Business support is something we're planning on, unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA at this time because there is no public Skype REST API. We are working with the Skype team to get exposing REST APIs booked so we can light it up in Flow.

So I assume that PowerApps should have the same issue. I haven’t seen similar idea on PowerApps Ideas Forum, please consider to create a request at here, I will also report it from my side.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PowerApps Staff sarafankit
PowerApps Staff

Hi Steve,

Yes, this is a known issue that the "skype:" or "sip:" handler doesn't work with PowerApps iOS currently, it is slightly tricky and we have not been able to solve it yet. 

You should be able to use this functionality on Android using the "sip:" handler.

trekkie66
Level: Power Up

This is an old thread but just in case thought to share this info that works for me for iPhone:

Launch("sip:Username@domain.com")

Where Username@domain.com is the SIP Address

BenjaminDoyle
Level: Powered On

Launch(sip:User().Email)

//this works to launch app locally