cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeWiese1
Level: Powered On

"Error from token exchange" stops mailbox-triggered flow from working

I have a flow that has worked fine for 4 weeks

Now it fails and I see a message on the Flows 'details' page "There's a problem with the flow's trigger. Fix the trigger"

Nothing has changed with the flow, or the service account that the connections use. This just started happening out of the blue about an hour ago.

The error is centered around a trigger called "When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox". I look at the "flow failed" page and in the sidebar I see the following Error Details for the trigger:

"Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and office365 is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthenticated, Message: 'This connection is not authenticated.']"

Drilling into the trigger outputs, I see Status code = 401 and the Body is

{
"status": 401,
"source": "https://australia-001.token.azure-apim.net:443/tokens/australia-001/office365/shared-office365-6320c...",
"message": "Error from token exchange: Runtime call was blocked because connection has error status: Enabled| Error, and office365 is in the block list. Connection errors: [ParameterName: token, Error: Code: Unauthenticated, Message: 'This connection is not authenticated.']"
}

I saw some Microsoft community support person give a suggestion to review https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/add-manage-connections#update-a-connection and update the connection I use with my flow. As I said, nothing has changed with that service account, but I reviewed the connection anyway. I tried switching the connection from the service account to my own account and back again, but this made no difference. I can authenticate as the service account, and access email.

It has all the symptoms of some kind of fault in the Azure back-end, particularly because it is something that worked for 4 weeks and then failed with no action on my part. Can anybody shed any light on this?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Error from token exchange" stops mailbox-triggered flow from working

Hi @MikeWiese1 ,

I think your problem is mainly about microsoft flow.

I suggest you post your issue one flow forum, the support engineer there will give you more professional answer.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community/ct-p/FlowCommunity

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 77 members 4,404 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: