cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bahalzamon
Level: Powered On

10MB Workaround / Multple Attachment Fields

I have an old form (SP2007) using InfoPath and I am wanting to update it in our SharePoint Online environment using PowerApps (preferably).

I have currently 2 issues:

1. The 10MB limit on PA attachments.
  2. Ability to have multiple file attachment fields

10MB Issue

I am trying to think of a way around this. My current theory is to have a PA form once completed navigate to another InfoPath type form where you can have your attachments. Using the URL to pass in an ID variable so it knows where to attach the files.

Problem with this is that if i'm going to use InfoPath for part of it why not just use it for the whole thing and easily resolve the whole thing? Which I would prefer not too.

Multiple Files

Yes you can have multiple files in a list but the issue is that how do I organize them when in a view or edit screen once they have been saved. Only thing I can think of is renaming the files in a unique manner and then displaying them in some way in the different views.

So basically any help or suggestions please let me know, PA seems to have some limitations that may keep me from using it.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: 10MB Workaround / Multple Attachment Fields

Hi @Bahalzamon ,

Thanks for your sharing.

For your first idea, I agree with it almost. You could consider use the InfoPath form to upload attachments files based on a URL link along with the SP Item ID value.

But if you want to have more customization functionality, I think PowerApps is the better choice. PowerApps have more powerful features than InfoPath.

More details about the Key advantages of PowerApps over InfoPath, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/transform-infopath

For your second idea, I agree with you. Name the attachments files with unqiue names is a good way to arrange the files within your SP list.

Best regards,  

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Bahalzamon
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msft - Thanks for the replay. =)

"But if you want to have more customization functionality, I think PowerApps is the better choice. PowerApps have more powerful features than InfoPath."

I agree, I would prefer to use entirely PowerApps if possible, I feel it is easier to create and maintain with.

Do you know of a way to allow both a file larger than 10MB as well as the ability to have multiple file attachment fields?

For some additional information, this is being build completely onto a SharePoint list.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Bahalzamon ,

Currently, within PowerApps, there is a 10 MB uploading limit with Attachments control. There is no other way to upload files more than 10 MB using Attachments control within PowerApps currently.

In addition, enabling multiple Attachments fields within Edit form is not supported within PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be improved, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.