cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
El-Shonka
Level: Powered On

Adding button to custom card

I am trying to add a button which will launch a data card value of an attachment already in a different field, the problem I have is that if I create a static (non scrolling) button this works first time, but if I create a custom card with the same button inside it fails to work, the same for if I add a button into the existing card which the attachment address sits in?!

My colleague who has the same software etc does not seem to have this issue, we've compared setting s and can see nothing obvious!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding button to custom card

Hi @El-Shonka ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Could you please show a screenshot about your app's configuration?

Do you want to press the Button control within a Display form or a Edit form?

Further, do you mean that the Button control would not work within a custom form in your Edit form?

If you add a Button control within a custom card of your Display form control, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

When you add a Button control within a custom card of your Display form control, the DisplayMode property of the Display form (Parent) would override that of the Button control in the custom card (Child) within the Display form. In other words, the Button control in the custom card of your Display form would not be clickable for you.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to add a Button control outside the Display form (within the display screen) rather than within a custom data card.

If you add a Button control within a custom card of your Edit form control, please make sure that the DisplayMode property of the custom card and the Button control set to following:

DisplayMode.Edit

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create your app based on your data source, then try your operation again, check if the issure is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 186 members 4,758 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: